[LMB] OT: Great Heartedness -- Authors you love who have fallen out of fashion

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:24:16 BST 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
>

> I also find detective fiction fascinating, it often shows a lot more
> insight and detail about
> daily life at the time - some of Ellis Peter's books written just after
> WWII show a lot more
> about life and attitudes at the times than some of the histories I've read.

Oh, yes, reading Rex Stout's Archie Goodwin interact with females is a lot
more informative than reading a text on "attitudes towards women in the
1960s" or, bless the flying spaghetti monster, taking Hollywood's version
as truth. Because Teh Moveeez are so accurate, right?

> <snip>
>
> Darn it, now I'm thinking about great books I used to love, and trying to
> remember titles
> and authors.

Bwahahaha, this list if syrupy evil over ice cream.
Here, have a book with that.
Sylvia