[LMB] OT: R.A. MacAvoy

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Sep 18 03:18:58 BST 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 10:19:44PM +0100, M R Dolbear fm wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2017, at 18:52, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:45:56 -0400, Stewart Dean <sdean5 at twc.com> wrote:
> >
> > >First off, Early Bird Books offers her Lens of the World trilogy today for $2.99
> > >https://play.google.com/store/books/details/R_A_MacAvoy_The_Lens_of_the_World_Trilogy?id=zGowDwAAQBAJ
> >
> > Not here, sadly.
> >
> > What format is Google Play content?  Can I load it to my Kindle?
>
> ePub

google play is epub? I checked their web site and it indicated
Adobe Digital Editions.

but I just looked some more and stumbled over this page:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/179863?topic=1187416&ctx=topic&visit_id=1-636412748552511913-431936349&rd=1

which indicates you can download epubs.

So, looks as if you're right and I was wrong.

I have the recollection that Adobe Digital Editions books are encrypted,
so you may need Calibre with the deDrm plugin(s) to be able to make use
of an epub. I'd be interested to know, actually...

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?