[LMB] OT: Removing DRM

Stewart Dean sdean5 at twc.com
Mon Sep 18 12:31:32 BST 2017

...a subject of some radioactivity to it...but I have only used it on EPUB ebooks I purchased...and while I have lent an
ebook with such content on it briefly, I've always gotten in back, just like a hard copy book.

Perhaps/the/ source for De-DRMing is:

>     Welcome to Apprentice Alf’s blog
>
> This blog is intended to help anyone looking for free and simple software for removing DRM from their Kindle ebooks,
> stripping DRM from their Adobe Digital Editions ebooks, getting rid of DRM from their Barnes and Noble ebooks, freeing
> their Kobo ebooks of DRM, or decrypting their Fictionwise eReader ebooks.
>
> If you want to find out more about ebooks, DRM and why you will probably want to remove the DRM from your ebooks, see
> this post: Ebook Formats, DRM and You — A Guide for the Perplexed
> <https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/ebooks-formats-drm-and-you-%E2%80%94-a-guide-for-the-perplexed/>.
>
> If you already know that you want to strip the DRM from your ebooks, you’ve found the right place.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

The referenced software works with Calibre as a plugin.  Getting it to work can be a struggle comprehending what you're
supposed to do, but once it's there and properly installed, it Just Works in my experience.

My partner is an author and I help her with certain aspects of self-publishing, mostly the creation of EPUBs from her
source Word documents (which Calibre does handily).  She is an unchurched Christian who grew up in a deeply Southern
Baptist family, father a preacher and Old Testament theologian. As an a subtle guerilla exegesis of the strait-jacket
Christianity of her youth (worse now), she has written a series on Jesus and his followers and their thoughts and those
of their cats (who are a sort of Greek chorus commentary)
http://clfrancisco.com/

--
// Stewart Dean == Kingston, NY