[LMB] Build your own Emperor

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 10:51:53 BST 2017

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 02:22:08 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>When I posed the question about emperor-building, I really didn't think
>it'd be so complex. I hadn't thought about all the possible down sides of
>each positive quality. You guys are GOOD at predicting possible failures.

Something to remember, when designing for high intelligence, is to make
sure other factors are there too.  As John Scalzi points out, 'The
failure mode of "clever" is "asshole".'
--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd  be running around in dark rooms,
munching  pills and listening to repetitive music."  - Marcus Brigstocke.