[LMB] Genres as blood types: can we extend the metaphor?

Jonathan Spencer jonrspence at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 12:41:02 BST 2017

Tony Z wrote:
"Bestsellers are printed in huge scads and large amounts, so it's no wonder
that a few years later the supply is still really large... and hence
there's no need for high prices."

In addition, libraries often buy multiple copies of best sellers to meet initial demand and then sell or otherwise dump most of the extra copies a few years later .

Jonathan Spencer