[LMB] Barrayar's original name

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 22:34:28 BST 2017

I personally think that it was probably the other way around  - the first Vorbarra announcing that, as he and his were *clearly* going to rule forever (despite all his neighbours going, "yeah, sure, this guy has tickets on himself or what?"), their name would reflect that, and so, instead of being Vor-something else, they were now Vor*barra*!
I... don't have the highest opinion of Dorca the Great, I will admit.
Raye
Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

  On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 at 5:28 AM, Federico Bergstein<almirantenaismith at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi!, I was wondering if anyone knows what was Barrayar's original name, I
mean the current name derived from Vorbarra, so the original colony was
named something else, perhaps "Epsilon Colony" or something like that.

I'm going to GM a Gurps Vorkosigan campaign set at the end of the ToI and I
was wondering by what name the galactics knew the planet.
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to raye_j at yahoo.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk