[LMB] OT: I'm out of surgery

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 18:07:20 BST 2017

From: Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>

Well, I'm home.  I had my surgery yesterday and this morning and now I'm
back from Iowa City.  The surgery was the Mohs technique (necessary because
the cancer was on my eyelid) and the next day (today) they reconstructed my
eyelid.  My brother was there for me and brought me back home, and now I'm
recuperating.  Half my face is covered by a big patch and I can't wear my
reading glasses, so until the patch comes off (I can do that in about 48
hours, and I'm looking forward to it) any reading I do will be online.

Gwynne: I'm so pleased that it all went well. Take things easy, and heal!  And
I'm glad you're doing as the doctors tell you - surprised, but glad.