[LMB] The price of a cuppa, 1939 Woolworths , Liverpool, England OT:

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 01:43:57 BST 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM, M R Dolbear fm <
little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> The price of a cuppa, 1939 Woolworths Liverpool England
>
> The usual idiot was complaining that ebooks could cost less than the
> price of a coffee (compare "less than bottled water")
>
> When I was a teen, income = babysitting in the evening & the price of a
book was about half a dollar more than a slice of pizza. And a slice of
pizza was the same as the cost of a train ride  Now... the prices have gone
up, haven't they.

Pizza costs slightly less than train fare and books cost rather more, sigh.
Bless the libraries.

Sylvia