[LMB] Culture

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:20:18 BST 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 5:50 AM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2017, at 05:48 AM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
>
> The food in New Mexico is different from TexMex, Baja, and the actual food
> in Mexico. I heard recently that green chili was mostly eaten in southern
> New Mexico and red in was used in the North. Now, either is used anywhere.
> (I usually go with Christmas.)
>
> Marina:
> A New Mexican taco has a fried egg atop it. And I miss sopaipillas
> something fierce. I don't deep fry, so can't make them at home.
>
> I adore mixed-color chili ristras, especially when made of chili-shaped
> lights. Alas, capsicum and piperidae disagree with me, so no chili rellenos
> for me.
>
> I've always loved the combination of bright/golden yellow, deep green, and
> bright true red. Add orange and tawny brown, and it's my favorite autumn
> mix.

Ah, memories. A niece in Albuquerque had a wedding this last summer, so I
spent a week there with my daughter bringing back those memories.

Real sopaipillas, real chiles, and egg only lightly fried on top of
enchiladas. We went to El Pinto in NW ABQ, since that was our go-to when I
lived in the area.

Karen Hunt