[LMB] Prepare for the day!

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 29 16:06:15 BST 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 09:50:42AM -0400, Harvey Fishman wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>

> >On Sep 28, 2017, at 06:38 PM, "A. Marina Fournier"
> ><saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
> >
> >I believe Moxie is still available in the NE states.
> >
> >I may have seen it at a specialty soda shop Rocket Fizz) in the
> >past five years.
> >
> >On Sep 28, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
> >
> >Where do you get Moxie these days? I haven't seen it in over 60 years.
> >

> >marina:
> >while it is available through drinkmoxie.com, they use shopify.com
> >to fulfill orders. I have had one and only one experience with
> >shopify, and you may email them all you want, to no avail, to find
> >out when your order is likely to arrive. We also had a product
> >come that was not as advertised/shown.
> >
> >?You may get a case/brick (24 cans) for $44 through Amazon. Not a
> >bad price, but a lot to shell out for just a taste, if that's all
> >you want.
> >?In Maine and in New Hampshire, it is still available at stores
> >for considerable less, even with a deposit.
> >http://www.zebs.com/moxie/ offers many Moxie products...except the
> >soda itself, it seems. You can get two ?bottles in an expensive
> >gift basket. Sorry, no go.
> >?from the Pasadena CA area, judging by the area code, is Dr. Soda:
> >http://www.drsoda.com/moorel.html
> >?From east-central Pennsylvania,
> >http://catawissabottling.com/moxie.htm, with seven options.
> >?BevMo has it!
> >?Rocket Fizz, with better prices the more you buy (every six
> >bottles, the unit price goes down) may have it (waiting to hear,
> >although one site says (happily) that they DO carry it), and they
> >are locations in quite a few states, with only about eleven (alas,
> >none in NM, Pat), and the New England states, without. They have
> >the single widest selection of non-mainstream sodas I've ever
> >seen. I think I counted a dozen brands of ginger beer alone.
> >
> >So that's all. There are a few other sites that sell it, but they
> >are quite expensive, and not worth mentioning.
> >
> >Marina
>
> My introduction to Moxie was during my freshman year in college; my roommate
> (for a while) was from Albany, New York. He used to bring bottles of Moxie
> back when he went home for holidays. I believe that he used to get it in
> Pittsfield, Massachusetts. It had an 'interesting' flavor. I have
> not seen it since. I am from New York City, I have never seen it
> here. I believe that
> it is produced in New Hampshire.
>
> Harvey

I said I'd rather drink Moxie, not because I like it (I don't, especially)
but because I find it a whole lot less distasteful than coffee. I know
there are still quite a few old-timers around here (NE) who think its
the best stuff ever.

Me? I'm a tea drinker, so I had my share of tea and happily left
my allotment of coffee to Gwynne! :)

Fred

(I was having a discussion--read: ranting--about it at work one day
some time back, regarding the bitterness of coffee, and the victim
of my ranting looked at me funny and said "whaddaya mean,... coffee
isn't bitter!". All I could do was snort.)

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996