[LMB] Barrayar's original name

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 13:22:18 BST 2017

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:18:28 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:12 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:16:48 +0000 (GMT), "A. Marina Fournier"
>> <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sort of a smartass pun. There's an Irish teacake call Bara Brith.
>>
>> There is *not*.  It's Welsh, and it's more of a heavy fruit loaf.
>> It's Welsh for "speckled bread".
>
>I am terribly sorry—I know better. I am embarrassed and ask forgiveness. I am not being sarcastic, should anyone wonder.
>
>I had checked to make sure I had the spelling right, bookmarked the Welsh tourist board site I visited.
>
>Many people serve the non-yeast version as a tea cake.
>
>I can only plead no sleep for 24 hrs & a persistent headache.

I live a cockstride from Wales, and they can be quite sensitive about
being the neglected one of the "Celtic Fringe" countries. :)

--
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society.
If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test