[LMB] Who is reading what? OT: Epistolary Novels?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:47:19 BST 2018

From: Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net>

Quite likely 'prole' women had harder material lives but more freedom
than their Vor sisters.
-xx- Damien X-)

Gwynne: Prole women do seem to have more freedom - we see Drou start her own
business, Ma Kosti is investing, we're told that most lawyers are women. There's
definitely paths to success for prole women. And Ekaterin certainly feels very
constrained by the Vor ideal, until she hits Miles's interpretation of it.

And least, I'd say that Vor buds, sweet innocent maidens, are extremely well-guarded
and constrained. Vor dragons, the older version, don't seem to have many limits at all.