[LMB] What planet or universe could I live in.

Luke Bretscher rocketman0739 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:16:34 BST 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:45 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not necessarily.  I have enough knowledge to be able to describe and build
> a printing press, and I'm told that paper is not that difficult to make.
> Even using wood-block type at first would be a start, and once I started
> selling books (introducing the codex instead of the clumsy scroll would
> also be within my meager limits) I'd be off and running.

Hold up a moment...paper may not be that hard to make, but making it
thin and strong is not a challenge to be sneezed at. And that's
entirely separate from the question of ink, which is relatively
forgiving if you're putting it on with a quill and then blotting, but
needs to be of a very particular consistency if it is to stick to type
and then not smear on the paper.

Luke