[LMB] ot: romance novels & subversion

adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 7 13:31:03 GMT 2018

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jaimegreen/who-gets-a-happily-ever-after-in-2018-romance-novels

I enjoyed this analysis & conversations with authors.  Y'all might, too.

obLMB:  I can't help picturing how this kind of thing might've been going on on Barrayar all along, completely under most male radar. [Although now I'm picturing Professor Vorthys finding himself in the middle of a romance symposium to collect the Professora & liking it more than he expected; I'm also picturing Gregor & Laisa reading romance novels to each other, undoubtedly giggling over how the galactic romance writers get the Barrayaran alphas skewed.  Plot bunnies, deployed!]

;)

Jerrie