[LMB] ot: romance novels & subversion

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:21:25 GMT 2018

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still think it would be funny to have Miles, on one of his galactic
> jaunts, run into a romance writer who writes best-selling novels set in
> pre-rediscovery Barrayar...and plays REAL fast and loose with the facts,
> but has zillions of people believing every word.

I think it would be even better to have him encounter someone who writes
romance novels inspired by the public records of his cases - and, entirely
by accident, coming quite close to the actual events while believing they
were merely 'embellishing' the facts.  It would probably make ImpSec's
collective head explode.  The Shamus Vorkonnigan Series is a galactic
best-seller, after all...