[LMB] Ethan

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 10:48:09 GMT 2018

From: "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>

Anyway, I see the Athosian army as a vestigial tail. They think they may need it, because
someone is going to be jealous of their paradise and invade. They are so paranoid! But of
course, their military etc. is going to be so out of date that if someone did decide to invade,
the whole army is just Security Theater -- I don't think they can win against determined modern
aggressors.
But . . . who would want to invade the out-of-the-way place? There's their safety.
(-: Good question!
Micki

Gwynne: Very true, except that all of that could have been said about Barrayar just
before the Cetagandan invasion.