[LMB] OT: technological novels & subversion

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Feb 25 16:42:39 GMT 2018

> On Feb 25, 2018, at 9:31 AM, Eliza Shallcross <eshallcross at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On deliberately changing history, years ago author Katy Kingston did an
> alternative history where Henry VIII’s brother Arthur didn’t die, and he
> and Katherine of Aragon turned an arranged marriage into a passionate
> romance.
>
> I’m pretty sure there are others, but I can’t think of any right now.

This article is an interesting take on alternate technology in history:

https://medium.com/the-polymath-project/gene-wolfe-a-science-fiction-legend-on-the-future-altering-technologies-we-forgot-to-invent-a3103572a352 <https://medium.com/the-polymath-project/gene-wolfe-a-science-fiction-legend-on-the-future-altering-technologies-we-forgot-to-invent-a3103572a352>