[LMB] ot: romance novels & subversion

Rebecca Price becca at di.org
Sun Feb 25 19:12:02 GMT 2018

The only one I know of with a glorious Richard III reign is the one with a
sherlock holmes-esque figure who is accompanied by a forensic wizard, and I
am totally blocking on the author and the name of the series, but I know
that they're excellent.

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu>
wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Eliza Shallcross <eshallcross at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On deliberately changing history, years ago author Katy Kingston did an
> > alternative history where Henry VIII’s brother Arthur didn’t die, and he
> > and Katherine of Aragon turned an arranged marriage into a passionate
> > romance.
>
> I'm trying to remember a book in which Richard III had a long and
> illustrious reign, a golden age of England -- the book takes place somewhat
> later in the Americas?  I thought it might be Shadow of Albion, but
> evidently not.  In Shadow of Albion, "the heirless Charles II [is]
> succeeded by his eldest bastard, the Duke of Monmouth, instead of by his
> unpopular brother James," the American Revolution never happened, etc.  But
> does the alternate history with Richard III's long reign ring any bells
> with anyone?
>
> Katherine

"Modern Fairy Tales told with a Classic Approach"
Check us out - we're at www.wyrmtalespress.com