[LMB] OT: Subjective review of a Kindle Oasis 9th Generation

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Mon Feb 26 16:17:02 GMT 2018

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Spencer wrote:

> According to the specs for the Oasis, you should be getting about 20 hours, assuming you turn off the Bluetooth/ Wi-Fi. Your brightness setting can also impact battery life.
>
> I have had the paperwhite for a few years and never had an issue with battery life. Normally enough to last a full trip without recharging.
>
> Jonathan Spencer
> Jonrspence at aol.com

I also have a Paperwhite and a Voyager, probably second generation, which
is a base for comparison with the Oasis. The Voyager achieves acceptable,
not great, longevity (compared to my original Sony) and the SIGNIFICANT
difference of the Oasis is why I am complaining. Turning off WiFi is not
an option and I run the brightness at 15, which is halfway.

Harvey