[LMB] OT: Subjective review of a Kindle Oasis 9th Generation

Ursula uleubner at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 13:07:46 GMT 2018

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018, Howard Brazee wrote:

>> On Feb 25, 2018, at 6:40 PM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Minuses:
>>
>> 1.    It only has enough charge for about 12 hours of reading.
>> 2.    It can be inconvenient to hold.
>> 3.    It only has enough charge for about 12 hours of reading.
>> 4.    It only has enough charge for about 12 hours of reading.
>
> How often do you read for 12 hours straight without having the ability to plug it in?

One should be able to, at the very least, plug the device in overnight, and not have to worry about how much you want to read, or whether or not you have the brightness all the way up, for the entire day, until you plug it in again when you're ready to sleep.  Keeping the device with you at all times, and reading whenever you want, e.g., in line at the bank.
A few days would be better, in case of power outage or other emergency.
12 hours doesn't  meet that basic need.
I've had a few versions if the e-ink Nook, and never had a problem with a charge lasting as long as I needed, without worry about using the backlight.
Ursula