[LMB] ot: romance novels & subversion

Caroline Tabach ctabach at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:48:41 GMT 2018

On 20 February 2018 at 01:22, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any romance writers in the real world who deliberately distort
> actual history?  (As opposed to all those who merely get it wrong, I'm sure
> there are myriads of those.)
>
> Mat G.

I am not sure if this is distortion, but writers interpret history once
they write a novel, and once they decide to tell controversial issues in  a
certain way

For example, Phillipa Gregory has the Tudors killing the princes in the
Tower,
Elizabeth Woodville is presented as a good character.
Catherine of Aragon did consummate her first marriage.

Once they take facts and write a story around them, then they make a new
story.

--
Caroline Tabach
ctabach at gmail.com