[LMB] Reading just a chapter

Katrina Long k.m.allis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 22:29:31 GMT 2018

On 3 January 2018 at 18:04, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Interesting paragraph from https://carriev.wordpress.com/
> 2013/05/03/review-star-wars-machete-order/ <https://carriev.wordpress.
> com/2013/05/03/review-star-wars-machete-order/>
>
> (She’s mainly talking about how she watches Star Wars)
>

> "I have favorite chapters in favorite books -- I've been known to take
> Bujold's A Civil Campaign off the shelf just to read the Council of
> Counts/proposal chapter over and over again.  But I can't take that chapter
> out of that book and somehow say it's better than the other chapters.
> Because it needs the rest of the book to be what it is."
>
> Who does this with Lois’s works?

I do sometimes, a favourite scene or two - I'll go back and reread that one
scene several times in a row.  Some of Memory, and also Curse of Chalion.

But that often triggers a need to reread more than just those scenes, and
I'll end up rereading multiple books.  Whether I reread in order or bounce
around the series as whim strikes me depends entirely on my mood at the
time.

Katrina