[LMB] Currently reading: Ada Palmer, _Too Like the Lightnings_

adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 8 12:24:26 GMT 2018

Luke Bretscher shares: "I have a minor personal acquaintance with
Prof. Palmer. She's working on plans to host a miniature Renaissance
faire on the University of Chicago campus, and my madrigal choir will
be performing. So I'm looking forward to that in the spring!"

How fun for you!  She's delightful to hang out with, very erudite, but with a great sense of humor.

Of course, I know her mainly as a filker [and for the wonderful exurbe posts].  She's written most of the songs for the group Sassafrass, arrangements so complex they'd cross a weaver's eyes.  There's more about her award-winning songs here:
http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/people/ada-palmer.html

Best of all, you can enjoy lots of the music here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClXnCAd23dPnuqo5Gn5FKkA and also here:

https://sassafrass.bandcamp.com/ [where you can listen to whole things free, before deciding to buy or not].

Luke, if any of your group's performances are recorded, we'd love a link so we can share the music.  If you know of any of the other performing groups' links, please share them here.  Good luck with your upcoming performance!

Jerrie