[LMB] OT: Book rec needed

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Jan 9 03:26:58 GMT 2018

Sue Henry wrote a series of mysteries set in Alaska. I haven't read them.

Canadian author Vicki Delany wrote a series of mysteries set in Dawson
City, Yukon in the 1890s during the gold rush, which are good:

Gold Digger
Gold Fever
Gold Mountain
Gold Web

And if you haven't read the alt-history "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" By
Michael Chabon, much of it is set in Alaska. I really enjoyed it.

(Also, have you read Dana Stabenow's SF books?)

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"As a writer you’re always surprised when you think of the right note or the right word.
You think, 'Oh, I didn’t know I could — oh, that’s good!' You know, writing’s full of
surprises for oneself." - Stephen Sondheim, T Magazine, October 16, 2017,
interviewed by Lin-Manuel Miranda