[LMB] [OT] Rereading Cherryh's The Paladin for the I dunno how manyeth time...

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 05:26:42 GMT 2018

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:15:16 -0500, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Stewart Dean <sdean2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> ...and am impressed again with its coherence and integrity.  I have read
>> other things by her and not liked them much.  AKICOTL: What other
writings
>> of hers are like the Paladin?

> I found too much of her work depressing to continue reading any more of
it.
> Sylvia

I don't find them depressing at all. Her work is as realistic, in its own
way, as Cecilia Holland's historical fiction. *De gustibus non disputandem
est*, or as we used to say down south "they ain't no tellin' taste."

Stewart, if you want more in the vein of her Paladin, you could do worse
than the Fortress in the Eye of Time fantasy series, or for her science
fiction the (very much a parallel to The Paladin) Cuckoo's Egg.
--
B. Ross Ashley