[LMB] OT: Book rec needed

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 02:49:14 GMT 2018

________________________________

If we're also recommending Alaska alternate history, don't forget MaryJanice Davidson's Alaskan Royal series.  The first one, _The Royal Treatment_, is excellent.  The sequels are less so, but still enjoyable.

Jerrie

--

Micki: Squee! I really liked MJ Davidson's vampires, but found her werewolves too doggy (sex and
food; perfect for werewolves, but I didn't want to spend five hours reading about them). I'm glad to

Micki: So, I want to be the third or fourth to recommend the Michael Chabon Alaska book. I remember
it being really good.

Micki: I wasn't as impressed with Michener's Alaska. But being Michener, there's definitely some
scenes that stick in my mind even after all these years . . . "Better out than in." I wish that
WASN'T stuck in my head, but it is a nearly-universal human condition, portrayed honestly.

Micki: If you get sick of all the cold stories, I thought Michener's Mexico was fantastic.

(-: Thanks to my reading glasses, I'm doing all sorts of re-reading. I'm getting ready to embark on
A Passage to India. Can't remember if this is a re-read or a first read, but I'm looking forward to
it!