[LMB] AKICOT: L writer's resources

jfatherly at hvc.rr.com jfatherly at hvc.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 03:46:59 GMT 2018

Ummm, I know of two -- or one and a half. My daughter Sarah wrote (it was her thesis) "Gentlewomen and Learned Ladies, Women and Elite Formation in Eighteenth-Century Philadelphia" published in 2008 by Lehigh University Press. Her dissertation might be findable, too -- "We Were Not Alarm'd" which is Delaware Valley, not specifically Philly.

These are actually Colonial, but they are definitely Philly -- and women.

Try the U Mich archives for the second -- I think it's filed there.

Want me to ask her what else to look for?

Jo Anne