[LMB] Levels of Bafflement

M R Dolbear fm little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 19 02:23:45 GMT 2018

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, at 22:28, Matthew George wrote:
> There wouldn't be enough content for a book.  I suspect "Poetry for Dummies" has already been written.

The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within by Stephen Fry

May interest you and the list

Stephen Fry believes that if one can speak and read English, one can write poetry. In The Ode Less Travelled, he invites readers to discover the delights of writing poetry for pleasure and provides the tools and confidence to get started. Through enjoyable exercises, witty insights, and simple step-by-step advice, Fry introduces the concepts of Metre, Rhyme, Form, Diction, and Poetics.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1592403115/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1592403115/

Also Kindle, at least in UK, but the e-book format may not be satisfactory - it was a complaint about this that drew my attention to the book.

--
Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames