[LMB] OT: Hello all!

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 08:59:56 GMT 2018

Big apology for disappearing - Christmas was incredibly, delightfully
hectic, with many and varied mini-celebrations before the major ones.

At the same time I'm preparing for a knee replacement (common and
simple op, I know, but it's only my second surgery, and first time in
hospital on purpose - accidents and asthma don't count - and I've been
flat out getting everything ready.

I feel so akin to Ekaterin - you don't realise how much you do until you
stop doing it. I've had to arrange care for my Mum (family relay taking
over), two houses, two gardens (in the middle of a fierce summer, with
regular days over 40 - that's about 110 plus in the old Fahrenheit - total
plant frizzling weather), various pre-op things like dental work (I broke
two teeth. Two. Dammit.) Mail collection. Someone scraped my car in
the dentist's car park... still doing hydro twice a week.... etc etc.

I'm almost looking forward to the hospital. At least someone else has to
do the work. I'm telling myself it's like a spa, only with pain. I'm hoping
to get online, and to have the time to catch up on the board and do
something intelligent. Or at least coherent. Four days to a week in
hospital, one to two weeks in rehab, house arrest for another three or
four weeks till I can drive.

So, hopefully I'll be around again. Although with my luck and level of
competence, I probably won't be able to get onto the hospital wifi or

something.