[LMB] Hello all!

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Sun Jan 21 14:50:43 GMT 2018

Best of luck in your surgery, and may it go well. I had a hip replacement, and the hardest part was the pain. Second hardest was when I only wanted to rest, the physical therapy people were at me to get up and move around as much as possible. But once you're recovered form the surgery, the difference is delightful.

Yes, you never do know what you do until you stop doing it, do you? Once when I was married, I had the flu and my husband had to fill in for me. He grumbled that he spent all day and didn't get any work done. I pointed out how much he had done that I wasn't able to, and he said "That's not work! That's just maintenance!" Funny, now .... one wonders if he thought the janitors at his workplace did no work! But a cause for screaming wrath at the time.  Poor baby. Then when we split and he had all that "non-work" to do for himself, including playing navigator while driving .... I insert an evil chortle here ....

Yes. Do get  help, and someone to baby-sit you for at least the first 48 hours. You never know beforehand how much you're going to need it. And may you have a good and straightforward recovery, and don't let them pile the work back on you too soon!

Pat