[LMB] OT: Hospital update from Gwynne

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Jan 23 08:18:09 GMT 2018

On Jan 22, 2018, at 04:36 PM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:23 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

Update: The operation was yesterday - went really well, had an epidural
so I was awake for most of it. It's weird seeing your foot waving around
and
having no sensation of it at all.
Today I've had a walk and a wash, got my own gear on (hated that hospital
gown), earrings and makeup. Exercise class this afternoon. I'm doing ok so
far!

Good to hear! (I usually wear pajama bottoms with hospital gown to make it
less awful)

I hope you have a good and uneventful recovery,

amf:
what she said, about the recovery, with the additional wish that it be shorter than expected.

Except for my C-section, I've never been in hospital. All my surgeries have been outpatient stuff: laser eye procedures except for cataract removal, and basal cell removal were office visits; colonoscopy, cataract removal, and bone spur removal were all done in non-hospital operation room suites which doctors can reserve. Had a spinal for the C-section, general anasthesia for the colonoscopy and bone spur, and locally-numbed up the wazoo for every eye procedure and basal cell surgery.

One could, I suppose, have one's own tunic for a hospital visit, which would function as a gown. ISTR a clever wrapping gown with a closed back that could have the back made available if it were necessary.

Then again, a nice caftan https://www.dharmatrading.com/clothing/women/100-rayon-light-ponchos-and-caftans.html works for a throw-on, someone's at the door coverup.

Marina