[LMB] They're Alive

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:46:44 BST 2018

A few digests back, s.o remarked that commentary by Anmar on various mass
media gave him a face and voice for listees. Much of this was unavailable
in the UK -- one searching and clicking got those dull notices that say
"this isn't available in your territory" -- but today, driving home from
work and listening to BBC Radio 4 news, I got to hear Anmar commenting,
-very- crisply and clearly, on just how remarkable the Thai success is.
Subsequent googling turned up some other interviews from the last 24 hrs
that I -could- access.

So tonight I'm happy for the rescuees, and the rescuers, and to have put a
voice to another listee.

And, having had to do radio and TV interviews once or twice, I am also
slightly blown away by how clear and clean Anmar was able to be, on a
complex subject, even when anchors were blethering the sheerest absurdities.

So my thanks to him for that clarity, as well as to the rescuers for some
evidently amazing courage and grace.

Associate Member & Director of Studies in English, Hughes Hall, Cambridge
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Mock-Death in Shakespeare's Plays*
The first full study of Shakespeare's favourite dramatic device

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.