[LMB] SP: Enrique and life, was Prison Reform

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:52:21 BST 2018

From: Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com>

Rachel:
I love this idea that Enrique gets better socially because Martya gets him
to view it as an academic endeavour. Cordelia would probably be great at
taking this perspective too. Makes me laugh. :D

Gwynne:
I'm waiting to do a reread on it, giving it time to settle in my mind a bit first. But on
the first read I wondered if the reason Enrique coped so well with it all was that he
simply didn't notice or process most of it. He focusses on the immediate problem
and its solution - i.e. housing the radioactive kids, and giving them jobs and training.

Ekaterin is dealing with this whole huge horrible problem, and picking up on all the
hints and details, and worrying about the social problems that will follow, and how to
deal with the rangers, and how big a problem there still is with damaged children, and
what will happen to them now, and....

Enrique has found his lost bugs.

When pushed he can find a solution for the kids. The wider social implications
and problems aren't part of his world.