[LMB] SP: Enrique and life, was Prison Reform

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Fri Jun 1 13:46:46 BST 2018

> On Jun 1, 2018, at 5:52 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com>

>>> P
>>> O
>>> I
>>> L
>>> E
>>> R
>>> S
>>> P
>>> A
>>> C
>>
> Rachel:
> I love this idea that Enrique gets better socially because Martya gets him
> to view it as an academic endeavour. Cordelia would probably be great at
> taking this perspective too. Makes me laugh. :D
>
> Gwynne:
> I'm waiting to do a reread on it, giving it time to settle in my mind a bit first. But on
> the first read I wondered if the reason Enrique coped so well with it all was that he
> simply didn't notice or process most of it. He focusses on the immediate problem
> and its solution - i.e. housing the radioactive kids, and giving them jobs and training.
>
> Ekaterin is dealing with this whole huge horrible problem, and picking up on all the
> hints and details, and worrying about the social problems that will follow, and how to
> deal with the rangers, and how big a problem there still is with damaged children, and
> what will happen to them now, and....
>
> Enrique has found his lost bugs.
>
> When pushed he can find a solution for the kids. The wider social implications
> and problems aren’t part of his world.

First things first. Actually the first thing was to get the victims medical attention.
But integrating them into society was next and Enrique has a solution.
Like a emergency med tech once told me, what the did is stop the bleeding, and’
keep them breathing and take them to the hospital.

I suppose the

>>> P
>>> O
>>> I