[LMB] LISTBIZ: GDPR and Birthdays

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Jun 5 02:38:42 BST 2018

On May 30, 2018, at 09:17 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

When I had a job in London for a while, I stayed in "digs" during the
week with an elderly (but very sharp) lady - she used to be Something in
the Foreign Office.

The set of door keys she provided to me had a little tag with a barcode
that was a mini-replica of her loyalty card for the local supermarket. I
didn't have one of my own, so I used to scan hers, chuckling to myself
as I imagined their algorithm trying to understand an 86-year-old lady's
sudden interest in car magazines and sushi.

Oh, I do like that!

Marina