[LMB] OT: technological novels & subversion

baur baur baur at chello.at
Fri Jun 15 05:18:02 BST 2018

you will have niticed that i did not talk about the chinese (on purpose)

but despite literally multiple thousands of archeological digs of greek and roman sites (*) with millions of objects found - often in VERY good shape - (and multiple roman book authors writing eloquently and exhaustively on subjects like farming and construction work) we have never found a wheelbarrow (or got a good description)

 so i must assume that while there might have been something that looked like a wheelbarrow if you squinted and looked away from it, it was not in widespread use  (only an oddity here and there - like the wheeled toys in ancient middle america)

(*) and i know places where you cannot even dig a hole for a new rosebush in your garden without turning up potshards (or having a archeologist peering interestedly over your shoulder)

servus

markus