[LMB] Monogamy

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:41:09 BST 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 00:24:26 -0500, Beatrice_Otter
<beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com> wrote:

>Imagine a world in which polyamory is the norm and monogamy has no legal support. Marriage can only consist of more than two people, and most people think a permanent relationship between two people is kinky and weird and not something they want their kids to know about.

I recall a shortish story on this theme, one where the norm is a group,
and one of the characters "unhealthily" fixates on a single member of
his group and seeks exclusivity - and is pathologised for it.

Aha.  I have it: Bob Silverberg's "In the Group" (1974).
--
Engaging with assholes on the internet is like trying to drown a
vampire in your own blood.  - Andy Richter