[LMB] Monogamy

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Fri Jun 22 21:22:03 BST 2018

On Jun 22, 2018, at 2:13 PM, Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I may of course have missed things, but I don't recall the Jole
> relationship getting much setup in earlier books. If it turns out I'm
> not missing things, that would be my one quibble--not that there's
> anything wrong with the relationship per se, but that it comes off as
> a bit retrofitted.

The earlier books were from Miles' perspective.  Miles wasn't there, or wasn't paying attention, or wasn't looking at or expecting such a relationship (parents? they don't have sex lives, do they??), and also Aral and Jole were being reasonably discreet.  But Jole was _there_ quite a bit, if you look for him.

Katherine