[LMB] Monogamy

Daniel C danielwithoutaplan at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 22:26:31 BST 2018

    On Friday, June 22, 2018, 12:44:12 PM PDT, Robert Woodward <robertaw at drizzle.com> wrote:
> I have a vague memory of somebody saying> something about two husbands, but I can’t find it> (I don’t think it was in an other author’s book, but I> could be wrong).

Cordelia talking to Drou: “Forget that! After we bring off this raid, you’re going to be covered in so much glory, men will be lining up for the status of courting you. You’ll have your pick. In Aral’s household, you’ll have a chance to meet the best. What do you want? A general? An Imperial minister? A Vor lordling? An off-world ambassador? Your only problem will be choosing, since Barrayaran custom stingily only allows you one husband at a time. A clumsy young lieutenant hasn’t got a prayer of competing with all those polished seniors.”