[LMB] Monogamy

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 17:20:58 BST 2018

Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I may of course have missed things, but I don't recall the Jole
> relationship getting much setup in earlier books. If it turns out I'm
> not missing things, that would be my one quibble--not that there's
> anything wrong with the relationship per se, but that it comes off as
> a bit retrofitted.

My reaction was much the same: "Huh, didn't see *that* coming."  As a
non-poly person in a mostly-non-poly society (though on the fringes of
a couple of poly social circles), it's possible that my expectations /
biases were limiting my perceptions.  Was that relationship a surprise
to the poly folk on the list?

And perhaps being slightly crass: Lois, was that relationship a thing
you had planned before you started developing _Gentleman Joel_?

Joel