[LMB] Monogamy

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 01:12:06 BST 2018

Damien Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 03:02:01AM +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
>> Yes, there are other examples and there are plenty of other options
>> shown that I didn’t comment on, Kareen and Mark as an example.
>
> Not legally married IIRC, just 'together'.  Wouldn't surprise me if they
> sometimes have extra play partners, too, at least via trips to the Orb.

Data points: In _A Civil Campaign_, Kareen is wearing earrings that
denote that she's "in an exclusive relationship, so please do not
embarrass us both by asking."  Though "she'd been too shy to start with
an actual _man_ , so she'd hired a hermaphrodite Licensed Practical
Sexuality Therapist whom Mark's counselor had recommended", so she is
clearly not absolute on that point.

Mark is very messed up about sexuality (with good reason).  I don't know
how comfortable he'd be about something more _complex_ than monogamy.

Joel