[LMB] Monogamy

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:31:57 BST 2018

I don't really know if I qualify as "poly by inclination" or not.  Frankly,
I'm embittered enough by endless disappointments that, if I had my OWN
druthers and it existed in my orbit (meaning "I can get there and I can
afford to do it") I'd just visit Madame Xaviera's House of Negotiable
Affection when I felt the old urge, and leave dating, relationships and
that whole scene to people who _like_ endless "jam tomorrow, but never, oh,
NEVER, jam today!"  My take on the whole relationship thing is that it is,
at bottom, a scam, and I am too poor and too touchy about money to
appreciate being scammed.

I also get tired of "relationship partners" who can apparently time-travel
at will, like Jack Having in Poul Anderson's _There Will Be Time._