[LMB] Possible apologies

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 10:00:02 BST 2018

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎June‎ ‎30‎, ‎2018‎ ‎03‎:‎02‎:‎46‎ ‎AM‎ ‎JST, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

I've been doing a speed catch-up tonight, up very late, while caring for
a rather unwell relative. It's possible that at times I made no sense whatsoever,
which is pretty normal. If I've offended anyone, I'm very sorry, it was not my
intention ('A gentleman doesn't offend anyone accidently', or words to that
effect). If I've confused anyone, welcome to my world.

Tomorrow I'll be more coherent. Probably. Well, later today really, since it's
pretty late now.

Ok, as you were. Just ignore me entirely, that's probably safest.
--
Micki: I don't really see anything you needed to apologize for. You put out your ideas, without accusing unnamed Elements of trying to
destroy your way of life. You were judgmental; I was judgmental. The dictionary defines judgment as: the process of forming an opinion

The original post led me down a solitary path of thinking about the meaning of "judgement" and "considered thought" and what it means
to not be judging. Feelings vs. rational thought, too. And paranoia. And percentages. Because, sure, they say it's not paranoia if there
really are people out to get you . . . but there's also a difference between having a feeling being attacked via the "media" and "society",
and being attacked and insulted personally and often.

So, in that way, it was useful for me.

And it led to the very funny copy-paper in the package pic, so, there's that. Hooray for tangents!

Micki