[LMB] Monogamy, actuality

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:20:45 BST 2018

From: Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com>

Some snippage....

pouncer at aol.com wrote:
> I suspect long-surviving institutions like monogamy are similar to long
> used contraptions like the automobile.

... Some people just don't feel a significant attraction
to more than one partner.  Some feel an attraction, but wouldn't be
comfortable with their partners having other partners, so live within
the constraints of fairness.....Some feel an attraction, but find that
*one* relationship is complicated enough to do well, and don't want
to mess it up.
Joel

Gwynne: Surely another important factor is that the more people in the
relationship, the more in-laws you have. That could be pleasant, or
tolerable, or the seventh circle of Hell.