[LMB] OT: Copier

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:42:40 BST 2018

To continue my meander through old technology (I'm all nostalgic
now) I remember strip films.

Not nearly as exciting as it sounds, it was literally a strip of film. A
series of slides that weren't cut apart. You loaded the strip into the

machine and pulled it through, one screen at a time. Sometimes it
was supposed to synchronise with a tape in a cassette recorder - oh
what fun that was. It usually took three tries to get the film right
way round and right way up.

I'd also note that once when my class was in the library the librarian
was having trouble with a projector, and one of the children said,
quite seriously, 'It should work, our teacher isn't in the room.'