[LMB] Dratsub's chosen vegetable?

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Mar 12 15:09:29 GMT 2018

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 9:38 AM, catherine muir <c_muir68 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Both, of course.
>
> Remember, as a Scot I'm not just Scottish, I'm lowlander or highlander, mainland or islander, east or west, north or south, catholic or protestant ( and break down protestant to the tiniest sect) - if we weren't arguing with somebody else, we' d be fighting or at least arguing or flyting with one another.
>
> Which explains a lot about Scottish history and politics.
>
> No wonder we gave rise to Deacon Brodie, and no wonder it was a Scot who wrote “Jekyll & Hyde”.

Time to drag out the Emo Philips joke

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2005/sep/29/comedy.religion <https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2005/sep/29/comedy.religion>

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

__
Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 – 1962)