[LMB] Belief: Was What makes a character irredeemable?

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Thu Aug 1 15:46:18 BST 2019

Epicurus accepted the definition of God as all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-good. For anyone accepting that definition, the Problem of Evil is a very knotty one, subject to endless debate over several millennia. It is also an open invitation to either atheist or deism on the part of those who don't want to wrestle with it.

Most polytheism - like the Five Gods of Chalion (and apparently the rest of the planet) - accept limitations on the powers of their gods, which the Temple makes plain to anybody listening. Of course, the percentage of people listening may range from 0 to 100.