[LMB] Belief: Was What makes a character irredeemable?

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sat Aug 3 03:19:30 BST 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 03:22:44PM +0100, Marc Wilson wrote:

> Epicurus himself was pretty skeptical:
>
> “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not

The problem of evil trilemma is only attributed to Epicurus by
Lactantius, a Christian writing 500 years later. Given that the
Epicurean take on gods was "they exist but don't do anything", and that
there weren't many monotheists running around 300 BC Greece, I believe
it's a false attribution.

-xx- Damien X-)
https://mindstalk.dreamwidth.org/