Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sun Aug 4 18:38:05 BST 2019

On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 11:47:41AM +0000, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> Lakewalkers are very open about sex. It doesn't really seem to be a big issue
> at all, patrollers just enjoy themselves when time permits. Virginity isn't an
> important state, it has no status or requirement. Consent of all involved is

I'm suddenly reminded of the dragonriders of Pern.  They were also
pretty casual about sex, though for different reasons, and not as
egalitarian in gender roles (though more so than the local 'farmer'
equivalents.)  Dragons meant strict monogamy often wasn't an option, not
to mention the gay sex shenanigans with green dragons.  Plus abortion
option by going *between*.

And obviously dragonriders had a similar protective role against a
supernormal menace.  Though they usually had more respect, and less
dangerous power, than Lakewalkers.  Which is funny to say for people who
ride giant fire-breathing dragons.

-xx- Damien X-)