M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 05:38:22 BST 2019

On Monday, August 5, 2019, 06:24:49 AM GMT+9, Federico Bergstein <almirantenaismith at gmail.com> wrote:

A problem with that is that Barr never really paid for his crime, (I think,
perhaps the voyage to the sea could be considered punishment? but not
enough)
I think that if Barr was in my life I would want him far away.

Micki: Interesting.

I think this is one of the best ways for Barr to pay for his crime:
doing the right thing by Lily, even though it's difficult, and Bell
isn't going to thank him profusely for it.

If he never beguiled again (and I think he used a touch of
beguilement when seducing Bell), and led a good life but
never spoke against beguilement when he saw it, and ignored
Lily, he wouldn't really be qualified for redemption, IMO.

Oh, I don't know. I'm a softie. Maybe recognizing the evil
of what he did, and not doing it again, is enough for me.

Still, I'm glad he did what he did in Knife Children.

Micki